Monday, December 14, 2015

The Conversation Part II (The God Ratio)


"That sounds like you are talking about God."  

"I didn't know myself that was what I had discovered at first, but yes, I am.  You see, I am a Mathematician, as a result I am very analytical, and I have found the truth of God, because the Eternal Truth allowed me to find it........and I found something else"


This was creepy but compelling.  Something kept me in my seat.  I realized I had the feeling in the pit of my stomach like when you go on a roller coaster.  I wanted to know everything she knew, but yet, I didn't want to know too.    

"I found a truth that I cannot prove.  There is a path that is open to anyone who wishes to take it to learn the truth.  At a certain distance down the path, you realize the truth you know is solid and could never be denied, not even to the depth of your soul.  Not even if the whole world was laid at your feet would you deny it, you couldn't because the whole world is a grain of sand compared to eternity. On the path to God you touch the edge of eternity, and nothing is ever the same again.  There is a point in the path if reached where you can never fully return to the ways of the Earth again, even though you are still living in the flesh.  But trust me, this is not giving up...this IS GAIN."



"How can giving up everything good on Earth be gain? If God is real didn't He make all this stuff so we can enjoy it? So we can be happy?"

"God gives us everything we need for our good, and in His creation, we see the reflections of Eternity, and our final destination...HIM.  Let me try to explain this, do you remember ratios from High School?"

"Yea, I actually loved Math in school, got my best grades in Math."

"Excellent. First I will tell you that God is a God of ratios, they are all throughout the bible, but not in numerical form.  Many times through the prophets He said, "If you will do x, I will do y."  So God is a God of ratios because for y to be satisfied, there must be fulfillment of x.  x and y are in proportion to each other.  One of the synonyms for ratio is relationship.     

So God is a God of ratios, but how to we figure out what the God Ratio is? " 

TO BE CONTINUED...IN THE CONVERSATION PART III
















No comments: